Friday, October 14, 2011

FRIDAY: Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin

Summary
Raine lives in a world of elves and goblins and things that go bump in the night. She's a fair sorceress herself, although ever since that night she's had a few extra powers at her disposal. 


All she wanted was to keep a friend out of trouble. Now all sorts of trouble are on her heels. With the help of family and friends - old and new - maybe she'll come out of this alive.


Review
I had a hard time getting into this book - the world was complicated, and it took me awhile to get the rhythm of it - but once I did, I enjoyed the story. In time, I would probably read more of the books in the series. Raine is a great character - strong, sassy, independent, brave without being stupid.


3.5 out of 5 stars


Recommended for: science fiction/fantasy fans, especially ones who enjoy a detailed world to go with the story line.


Cautions: none

No comments:

Post a Comment